Monday, October 17, 2005

Week beginning 10th October

This week has been spent working on two areas of the work, one practical and one creative.

On the practical side of things I have concentrated on bringing the website up to date, adding a connected blog site and publicising the project. I have sent out a number of emails with links to both the website and the blog and have received a good response from people who have looked at it. I have also had offers of help with the publicity through the forwarding of the web addresses to others. There is more emailing to do next week but overall this has been a good start.

I have also worked on producing a poster which is ready to print and I will hopefully be visiting the x-centre next week to drop in some posters etc and publicise the event further.

The music has also progressed satisfactorily. I have used a variation of the compositional system that I have developed which uses numerical series to trigger events in the music. For this piece the numerical series has been generated by the time that each minute of video started to record. (So if filming started at 14:57 this would generate the number row 1,4,5,7). I have also decided that the music will not only work by the use of subtraction and addition as I had previously planned but will also work by changing the sound quality; for example when the film has been shot at night time the sound will imitate that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home